Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Do HS Basketball Players Wear Polish?

We have a new addition to the P&P household. My 14 year old step-daughter is now living with us. Yep, I now have a teenager in the home. Ready or not, LOL. She is an avid basketball player. And pretty good, I might add. In fact, she just made the Varsity basketball team as a freshman. Awesome, right?

Ciara
Aaliyah- Rest In Peace
So let's talk a little about style. On one hand, my ten year old daughter, Summer, is a great mix when it comes to style. Not too girly but not too boyish either. And she is so serious about what she wears. When she's a teenager, I could so see her style mimicking that of Aaliyah's (RIP) or Ciara's (before she became a bit too raunchy). Summer also loves nail polish. Check out some of her summer colors here and here. (We also have a three year old son who definitely ain't wearing  polish- no matter what J. Crew says.)

My stepdaughter, on the other hand, well, I really can't call her style.
QT would say that she really doesn't have any (which may drive him crazy because he is so very stylish lol).  She pretty much wears jeans and t-shirts every day but not with any pizazz or flavor. She thinks I'm too girly lol so I try not to overwhelm her with my recommendations. I'm thinking that I may start small by offering to do her nails weekly. I don't know how basketball players feel about polish. But I think it would be fly on the court. That could be almost like her trademark lol. 

What do you think? Should I offer to do her nails?...Besos, P&P. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.