Monday, June 20, 2011

Polish Change: Wet n Wild in Goldmine

Well, well, well...Yeah, I know. I have talked some trash about the brand "Wet n Wild." After all, growing up it was definitely the cheapest brand of polish in Duane Reade or Woolworth (yeah, I took it back). And quite frankly, it still remains one of the most inexpensive polish brands in grocery and drug stores.

During one of my frequent trips to CVS, I actually purchased two "Wet n Wild" colors- Goldmine and a pretty peach color called Sunburst that looks good enough to eat. I have a thing for gold so I went with Goldmine first.

Goldmine is a part of Wet n Wild's Craze collection which has been around for awhile. The bottle is an odd shape- cute though. Not quite as large as a normal sized bottle but not a mini either. It is .34 fl. oz so it doesn't leave you feeling like you were gypped on polish. The size of the top makes polishing a little awkward at first but I got used to it after the first couple of nails.

I applied three coats only because after two you could still see my nail line (I hate that). I was actually surprised at how much I like this color. The polish is a metallic gold. It's not glittery which I can appreciate.  Sometimes, I feel like I'm a bit too *ahem* mature to wear glittery polish. The application was easy and there were no brush strokes visible in the polish- really important. It also dried really quickly so, of course, that made me incredibly pleased. Check it out:

Sunlight

Natural light
The gold color has a really pretty shimmer, right?  

OK so I have a new found appreciation for Wet n Wild. This is definitely an affordable but decent polish for those that don't want to pay $6+ for OPI, Essie, China Glaze, etc. Please keep in mind that this polish is not in the 99 cents category. In fact, neither of the WnW polishes that I purchased were in that category. I think it was $1.99 (like NYC Colors, Sinful Colors *cough cough*). For the price, you really can't beat it.

What do you think of the color? And Wet n Wild?...Besos, P&P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.