Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Something A Little Different For Me- Nail Art

I really want to get into nail art. I know crazy, right? Anyone who knows me knows that I am really one of the least gifted artists in the world. No, seriously. I can barely draw a stick figure. But I am really intrigued by all of the cool designs that people do on their nails.

Now, let's keep it real- I'm not going to be the one drawing Mickey Mouse, the Empire State Building, my son's face or any crap like that on my nails. But I am trying to teach myself how to do some of the basic designs and trends that are popular right now. I've watched a few videos and wanted to start off with something that would be pretty easy.  So I decided to just add glitter tips to my nails. 

When I was at Target this past weekend looking for new bathroom stuff (by the way they have the cuuuuutest Mickey Mouse bathroom paraphernalia), I decided to pick up NYC nail polish in Starry Silver Glitter. It is a really pretty silver glitter polish with blue and pink (or purple depending on how the light hits it) flecks of color. When I bought it, I did not have any idea which of my many polishes I was going to pair it with or if I was even going to have the balls to actually attempt to do the glitter tips. Well, last night, I did it!




Aren't they cute??? So different for me but I love them! They are so freakin awesome and sparkly in person. Looks like my nails are dipped in diamond dust!

The base color that I used is Confetti in Moonstruck. It looks nice and is a good complement for the glitter but I want to try it with a blue base color also- I think that will look phenomenal! As a matter of fact, I'm going to do a YouTube video tutorial with a blue color so be on the look-out for that. 

These are the two polishes that I used:


I'm calling this "Starry Moonstruck." Yay! Anyway, check you later...Besos, P&P.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.