Friday, April 15, 2011

Love At First Sight

I'm in love.

I first spotted you a couple of weeks ago. I gazed at you from afar but you drew me in. You were so blue and dreamy, like the sky. I had to move closer, just to get a better look. That's when I found out your name. I thought it was strange but then I found out it was French. Oooh la la.  I was intrigued then. I love everything French- French bread, French kissing, croissants, Coco Chanel, Givenchy... I had to have you but I couldn't. Not then- the timing wasn't right. But I went back for you today. When I got home, I couldn't wait. With one stroke of the brush, I was head over heels. Now you are all over my fingers and I am in love. I'm in love with Essie in Coat Azure.

Ok, perlas, seriously, enough of my drama, but for real I never tried Essie before. You've probably seen their ads in Allure and Glamour magazines. I spotted Essie polish in CVS a couple of weeks ago but kept talking myself out of buying a bottle. I kept saying that I would come back and get it because I have spent more than enough money on polish lately. But I just couldn't hold off anymore- the blue was calling me. So I bought it. 

Essie in Coat Azure is the perfect blue- warm and inviting... yet fierce. It has quiet strength, like pearls...The application was smooth and easy. I applied two coats. The polish looks rich and full. Check out my pics:

Outdoor shot:



Indoor shot:



Coat Azure is part of Essie's French Affair Collection which is inspired by classic French style. This collection is a throwback to classic 1960's glamour. There are five other fabulous shades in this collection:
  1. French Affair- tres innocent pink
  2. Sand Tropez- sun-kissed tan de soleil
  3. Topless and Barefood- coquettish peach at the beach
  4. Kisses and bises- swoon worthy iridescent
  5. Nice is nice- supremely happy Spring wisteria
The awesome thing about it is that you don't have to go to a specific beauty supply store or order Essie online. Essie polish can now be found in your local retailer like CVS (check out their Essie display to the right), Walgreens, Target and others. I plan on getting the entire French Affair Collection- after all, I think Coco Chanel would love the colors...and the concept...Besos, P&P.

2 comments:

  1. Oh la la, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawn! :-)...I'm seriously in love with this polish. It's going to be hard for me to take it off to move on to another color in a couple of days. lol...Besos, P&P.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.