Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Promise- I Really Do Like Yellow


I really do like yellow. No, for real, I do. Yellow is happy, bright, energetic and warm. Who wouldn't like those things?? Yellow is the color of the sun, bananas, platanos (maduros, YUM), sunflowers, lemons- need I go on? It's the color of joy and happiness...

But I am really struggling to find a yellow shade that I like. As you know, I tried a yellow Orly shade a couple of weeks back (click here) that just didn't do it for me. Many of you liked it but it was just a little too bright for my taste...Well, I struck out again, perlas.

Last week, I bought 10 (yes, 10) bottles of Sinful Colors nail polish from Wal-Green's because one of my fab twitter followers (@YessGoodness- follow her!) alerted me that they were on sale for 99 cents each. So of course, I had to pick up a few bottles (well, a little more than a few). One of the colors that I was really excited about trying was a golden yellow called "Let's Meet." In the bottle, it looks like a perfect golden shade of yellow- not too bright or too loud.

Well.... first of all, I applied three (yes, three) coats of this polish and you can still see my nail underneath the polish. It is very thin. Now, I know that this is the store brand for Wal-Greens and you may ask, what did you expect it was 99 cents? But perlas, there is a big difference between cheap and inexpensive, if you know what I mean. And because this polish is so thin (and has a glittery shine to it), it makes it look cheap.

On a positive note, I do like the color... even if it is LA Laker Gold (Let's Go Boston!!). Check out my pics:

Indoor:


Outdoor:







The pics really don't show the quality (or lack) of the polish. But just to give you a reference, I had an important business meeting last night with some highly successful people and I was actually embarrassed by my nails... This is not a good look, perlas... P&P Don't.

To be fair, I am going to give Sinful Colors another chance by trying another one of their colors- I do have nine other bottles! I will definitely let you know how that turns out...

If that one doesn't work out, I'm giving all 10 bottles to my daughter and her friends because right now it seems like some "play play" polish... The funny thing is that it has the nerve to have "Professional" on the bottle! What a joke.

Have any of you used Sinful Colors? What was your experience? What colors have you tried?...And do you have a recommendation for a yellow polish that you think I should try? I'm on a mission to find the perfect yellow! Let me know...Besos, P&P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.