Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Got Pearls?


I was raised with the belief that every young woman must have a strand of pearls, that any woman with class had at least one strand of pearls in their jewelry box. They may not wear them every day but believe me when the time was right, an event, church, business meeting, whatever, they would be able to pull out a strand of pearls. I received my first strand of pearls at a very young age and as I got older my mother would consistently add pearls to my collection. In fact, when I graduated from college, one of my graduation gifts was yet another strand of pearls with matching earrings. She believed that as I entered the "real world," it was essential that my pearl collection evolved with me. At this point, I have short strands, long strands, fresh water, earrings that dangle, pearl rings, pearl bracelets, different colored pearls and I could go on and on. It's funny I have business partners who ask where my pearls are if I come to a meeting without them. Pearls make me feel feminine but powerful. Pearls have a true power. And the women in my family knew it...and boy, were they powerful women… Besos, P&P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.