Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm Doing the 50 Book Pledge!

So one of my New Year's resolutions is to read more. In fact, a couple of days ago, I finished my first book of the year, Midnight by Sister Souljah (review coming this week). 

I happened to be on Twitter one afternoon and saw a tweet from a fellow blogger, Mandee from BooksandBlingdotcom, that mentioned a 50 Book Pledge created by The Savvy Reader. It seemed like it was right up my alley so I went to their website to find the deets: 

We officially took the #50BookPledge for the first time last year, vowing to make reading a priority in 2011. Here, Cory explains why. Basically, we pledged to read 50 books in 2011, or roughly a book a week. Now, 50 really was just a random number. The real reason we wanted to take the pledge was to track our reading progress over a year, and really make an effort to make reading a bigger part of our lives.

I have decided to make the pledge.

So each week or so, I will post a review of the last book that I read starting with "Midnight" which I will post in the next couple of days. You will also be able to find a page listing the books that I have read throughout the year at the top of my blog ^ up there.

I would absolutely love it if you, my fab readers, would join the pledge and we can share favorite books and recommendations. I am also going to have my kids take the pledge with me. Let's make it a family affair.

So basically, I'm all in...



Are you???...Besos, P&P.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.