Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Polish Adjustment: Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat

Hi, perlas! I know I went silent for a couple of weeks but I have not disappeared! There has just been a lot going on with me with work (been traveling an awful lot), my family and planning for my husband's family reunion which is this weekend (pray for me!).

Anyway, of course I have been keeping my nails tight. A few days ago, Saturday actually, I was going out for a friend's birthday party and wanted a statement color to go along with my black dress. I chose my go-to color fav, Essie in Coat Azure (see the review of it here). It looked phenomenal as usual and really stood out against the black of my dress.

You can probably tell that I have a short attention span when it comes to polish (yes, even my favs). So today I decided to try the Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in "Ink Splatter" (ahem, black) on top of the Coat Azure to switch it up a bit.
I actually like it. But not for everyday- at least not for a mid 30's, mother of two heheheh. I feel kind of Katy Perry, Ke$ha or Rihanna-ish in this polish- ummm, not really what I'm going for...

The consistency of this polish was thinner than the OPI Shatter which was preferable to me. Sometimes OPI can get a little thick, in my opinion. The polish went on easy but I had to figure out quickly whether it was the   thick or a thin coat that I liked best. I prefer the thicker coat because the Crackle design is more pronounced...And oh yeah, make sure that you apply a top coat on top of the Crackle. It looks almost dull without it- HUGE difference.

So here it is, Sally Hansen Crackle in Ink Splatter over Essie in Coat Azure. What do you think?

Inside



Outside


The polish


What I really love about Crackle and Shatter is that they can really rejuvenate a chipping manicure. Say there are a few nicks on a couple of your nails, just throw on a coat of Crackle or Shatter (and a top coat)- good as new! 

BTW I bought Serena Williams' OPI Grand Slam Collection this past weekend (Spark de Triomphe and White Shatter), so excited to try and show you guys. I will definitely be doing a video for that!

So, perlas, what is your go-to polish when you want to make a statement with your hands?...Besos, P&P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.