Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pearls, Gold & Leopard- What A Powerful Combination

I absolutely love the combination of pearls and gold, especially when its a mix of bracelets. I think the marriage of the refined elegance of the pearls and the strength of the gold make for a powerful pair...So a couple of weeks ago, I selected a fabulous (and I mean FABulous) leopard print dress to attend the Atlanta launch of PGRDresses. It was a no-brainer that I rock my pearls which look so ridiculously sexy with leopard. The juxtaposition of the untamed quality of the leopard with the refinement of the pearls create an awesome statement. Even though I already have quite a selection of pearl pieces at home, I still found myself browsing at the mall. I mean, come on, what do you expect, right ladies?? To my surprise, I stumbled upon two pearl bracelets (faux, which definitely can work too sometimes, ladies, don't rule it out) with gold balls intermixed in the bracelet. OMG I had to have them!! They would go perfectly with the long pearl strand necklace that I already had in mind to wear. I took another step to find a HOT gold link bracelet (no, not your typical Big Daddy Kane link). I knew that when I paired it with the two pearl/gold bracelets that it would be just ridiculous! Not to mention, I love to jingle (don't you??) and the gold bracelet soooo added the jingle factor LOL. See the pic below (I'm sorry that I don't have a pic of the whole ensemble but I didn't take any pics that night. I know- Boooo Hisssss).






Needless to say, you can't go wrong with pearls. And if you add some gold, you're really making a powerful statement!...Oh yeah, like my polish in the pic? It's "I vant to be a-lone star" from OPI's Texas Collection. Love it and so trendy right now!! Even my husband said he liked this color and he has never commented on my nailpolish LOL...Besos, P&P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.