Monday, May 23, 2011

Midday Moscato: Nothing Really To Do With Pearls or Polish- GIRLS

Yes, I was sucked into watching the Billboard Music Awards. My daughter was excited about seeing a few of the artists so I was recruited to watch with her. The funny thing is that she fell asleep and missed most of the people that she wanted to see (which turned out to be a good thing considering the raunchiness LOL).

Anyway, there has been much commentary about Beyonce and her song "Run The World (Girls)" over the past several days. I think that Beyonce is a phenomenal performer. Do I love the song? No, not really but as all of her songs do, they make you want to dance and move. I'm a bit irritated (understatement) at the fact that she says that "girls" are running the world as opposed to women because the last time I checked- "girls" ain't running nothing...ahhhh but I digress. I really don't want to get into that commentary as I have seen the really ugly comments that have been posted to Essence's websites and others. However, there is one line that I absolutely LOVE in that song. As a mother, this really stood out for me (and is more of an example of why "Girls" don't run the world). She says, "Strong enough to bear your children....then get back to business." HELL YEAH! I felt Beyonce on that!!! Did any of you also catch it?

Anyway, if you missed it, here is her performance from last night (this is the whole tribute from the beginning- please feel free to fast forward). My line is around the 6:30 mark.



Homegirl was straight up Sasha Fierce during that performance. Did you see her eyes????... Besos, P&P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Pearls and Polish. It's always nice to know that someone is actually reading this! LOL...Besos, P&P.